Terms and Conditions
If you do not agree to accept these terms in full you must not use our Website.
- This site is owned and operated by Strand Publishing UK Ltd (also referred to in these Terms as “Strand”, and “we”) and unless otherwise stated we own the intellectual property right in the Website and material on the website. The information and materials appearing on the Website (the “Content”) are displayed for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- All software and all Content (including, without limitation, Website design, text, graphics, audio/video, and selection and arrangement of the Content) is the property of Strand and our suppliers and protected by international copyright laws.
- None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder, Strand except that you may download one copy of extracts from the Website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial, home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact.
- You are prohibited from modifying any of the Content or using any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out in these Terms (including, without limitation, on any other website or computer network). Address any request for use of quotations or extracts from any book published by Strand to: The Editor, Strand Publishing UK Ltd., Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, Strand, London, WC2N 4JF.
- Strand provides this Website in good faith and does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, expressly or implied, in relation to any part, or all, of this Website and or its Content, nor in relation to any part or all of any website to which this Website has a link. We hereby exclude all warranties and representations to the extent permitted by English law. We give no guarantee that the activities and offers made available on this Website will always function as intended or that this Website will be free from infection by viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
- To the extent permitted by law, Strand hereby disclaims all liability, however it may arise, in connection with any loss and/or damage that may occur in relation to, use of, or inability to use, or action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of using, all or any part of this Website or its Content, or any website to which this Website is linked.
Changes to the Condition of Use
Material you submit
By communicating with this Website you confirm that:
- you have all necessary legal rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, to the material and information you transmit or send to this Website
- you take full responsibility for any material you transmit or send to this Website
- you will not transmit or send to this Website any unlawful, confidential, defamatory, obscene, threatening, sexually or racially offensive, abusive, harmful or otherwise objectionable material;
This Website is owned and operated by Strand Publishing UK Limited.
Our approach to your privacy
When you send Strand a submission, enter a competition or contact Strand for any other reason, we may retain your personal information and contact details in retrievable form, but we do not disclose personal information we have collected from you through this Website to third parties.
- The prices we charge for online transactions are those shown on this Website at the time you place your order.
- All prices shown are for UK Pounds Sterling (£) and all transactions are carried out in GBP.
- Postage and Packing charges are shown for orders dispatched to the UK mainland addresses, and address abroad, and based on the current cost of posting one item only. Contact Strand via email at: info(at)strandpublishing(dot)co(dot)uk, to request a price for postage and packing for multiple copies of the same item, either to the UK or abroad.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices displayed apply to online purchases only – they do not apply to other methods of purchase.
- Dispatch will be within 3-7 days after money is credited to the Strand account, except for pre-publication orders. All customers will be notified via email when book(s) have been shipped.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to fulfil all or part of your order, we will notify you via email and refund accordingly.
- In the event that a book is faulty, or received by you in an unsatisfactory condition, we ask that you inform us by email, and within seven days, at: info(at)strandpublishing(dot)co(dot)uk, before returning it to the address on the back of the original package. A replacement will then be sent to you plus a refund for any postage incurred for returning the faulty goods to us.
- Returns without logic or for any other reason are not accepted.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must seek permission from a responsible adult before undertaking an online purchase on this Website.
The name “Strand Publishing UK Ltd” and the Strand logo are registered trademarks.
This Website is owned and operated by: Strand Publishing UK Ltd.
Strand Publishing UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales with company number 07034246
Strand Publishing UK Ltd
Golden Cross House
8 Duncannon Street
Tel: +44 (0)2071-833-121